Happy Birthday Prince!
Confession: Prince is the only man, THE ONLY MAN, that could say some stuff to me that I would sooner spray somebody in the face with mase in broad daylight over. That scream at 4:31 is the reason why it is not safe to watch Prince videos at work. For a split second I feared that I was going to lose my mind and take my top off. I need this job! Anyway, here are my top 10 favorite Prince songs of all time (revised from last year):
1. When 2 R In Love- Lord please let me future husband be a Prince fan because this song right here is necessary.
2. The Ballad of Dorothy Parker- There is a part in this song, about the second verse, that I rewind at least 6 times whenever I listen to it. This song is all around clever.
3. Crazy U- I think this song is less than 3 minutes long. It's very sweet.
4. Housequake- I was having a not so hot day a few days ago and Michael Baisden played it out the blue. No warning, nothing. I have no idea what I was upset about. I don't even want to know how I looked to the people driving around me cause I went absolutely nuts.
5. Adore- Obviously.
6. Pop Life- I remember almost running up and smacking a DJ upside the head for playing this one night. This song is always on time.
7. Lady Cab Driver- Ok I know the end is a bit umm...questionable. But the rest of it is funky!
8. Girls and Boys- Under the Cherry Moon may be one of the worst movies ever made (Wrecka Stow) but it yielded some of my favorite songs. This is one of them.
9. Anotherloverholeinyahead- Another song off of Under the Cherry Moon that I love.
10. Slow Love- Refer to #1
Honorable mention: Untitled (How Does It Feel) -D'Angelo and Until the End of Time by Justin Timberlake. The best songs Prince never wrote.
Those are my ten! What are yours?- Toya