Toya's Random Musings
1. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Top o' the Mornin' to Ya and God Save the Queen! It's the Good Googa Mooga!
This is and Wedding Planner Matthew "Good Googa Mooga" McConaughey are the only ones that I will receive. Oh the luck of the Irish! Part of me wishes that Tia and I were celebrating St. Patty's Day in Boston right now and another part of me (the part that's trying to live holy) will accept what God allows and that is for both of us to be far, far away from Boston today.
2. Speaking of trying to live holy...
Bahahaha!!!! This is HA-LARIOUS to me! However, I want to make a card that would more reflect my sentiments: 2 just married people standing at the door of the church handing out individually wrapped slices of cake and Capri Suns to their guests. "No man knows the day or the hour of the Lord's return. Yall take care!"
3. Tia and I were recently talking about the burden of worrying about loved ones that are making poor life choices. It's hard to see the ones you care about lower their standards in various areas and deceive themselves into thinking that they are doing what's right. I had a period of suffering from a lack of sleep, lack of appetite (that's how I knew something was wrong) and constant worrying about people that I care about that were making some really terrible decisions. Then things started getting a little rough for me personally and I had to make a decision: either deal with my issues or worry about their AND my issues. The point I am getting to is that it would do me well to eliminate worrying from my life PERIOD whether it be about me or anyone else. Eventually, it will wear you all the way out. Think about it: on a plane they tell you that in the event that the cabin loses pressure, you are to get a mask and put it on yourself FIRST. That's what I am working on. It's not selfishness, it's self-maintenance. Without it, I don't think I'd be too much help to anyone in the long run and definitely not much help to myself.
4. I'm pretty sure I listen to that Rigael Damar song "Hero" about five times first thing every morning at work. It needs to get on iTunes so I can sow a seed into his Songs That Don't Contain the Word "Shawty" ministry.
here before its release next Tuesday. The only reason I won't listen to it before I buy it is because I tried that one time and was jacked ALL the way up at my desk. Much like John Mayer's and Switchfoot's music, the themes of Kirk's releases always lineup with exactly what's happening in my life at that moment. Ever since Hero, his songs have been the soundtrack of my life. I can't wait to really sit with this record.
6. I'm back on track at Weight Watchers and lost 3.4 pounds last week. Winning!
7. Steve Carell is leaving The Office soon and I have to be honest: if they wrapped the whole show up at this point, I wouldn't be mad. This season was almost a complete fail until the past three episodes.
8. It's only March and so far three of my friends have moved to the West Coast with another one leaving in April. I cannot handle this! That will be a total of five people (one of my friends moved East) that will have left me this year. I am sick about it. My friend Ben is leaving in April for Canada and *shakes head*.... I am not ok. My stomach hurts just thinking about. Moving on...
9. Facebook truly is a single woman's best friend. What you may call cyber stalking, I call taking preventive measures.
10. In my post "Fearless" I talked about making a career change and so far it's really been working out for me! Sometimes all you need to do is make a decision. So far I've worked on a TV pilot and am now working on an event for another network. I'm excited about what's ahead and glad that I decided to venture out. It's definitely been worth the risk.