- I got a job. After four trips to NY/NJ and three interviews with 15 different people at ONE company, I was offered a one year contract position that can be extended indefinitely. The job is in Jersey City, so needless to say...
- I'm moving to (you have to sing it like Alicia Keys in Empire State of Mind) NEW YORK!! CONCRETE JUNGLE WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE OF!! THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN'T DO!!!! Now the issue becomes packing my apartment here, finding an apartment I can afford in NYC and figuring out how I'm going to deal with the first real winter I've had to experience in 9 years, because for the last 9 winters I've been in the south or the southeast. I have not experienced REAL cold since I was in college and my mom lived in Ohio. (Lake effect snow, anyone???)
- While I'm telling you, dear readers, that I'm moving, there aren't a whole lot of other people that I'm telling. I'm basically using this move as something of a reset button. I'm surrendering my life and all parts of it to God's will. I'm leaving the junk and the junky people behind me and looking forward. I've laid down my heart and my desires at Jesus' feet and I'm running toward the Father to let him have my life and lead me where he needs me to go. It's refreshing and scary all at the same time. I wish I could expound more on the reset button thing but I honestly, don't have a.) the guts to share it all and b.) the words to articulate it. So just know that this is truly my new season. And I'll run with it no matter how hard or unfamiliar it may be.
- I latch on to songs. I will find a song and play it until it dies. Currently on repeat is Elliott Yamin's Always. Child.....I haven't listened to much else for the last few days. I love the idea of love. I love the idea of someone loving me. And I know love isn't perfect but I want to believe that at the end of day when love actually finds me (or I it, or however it goes) that that man will always, always, always love me. Anyway, this song is the business and is along that train of thought.
I thought I was going to have to go stalk Elliott in Japan, but he's doing the The River's Christmas show in Nashville this year and I fully intend to do everything in my power to be there. BGLU needs to talk to Elliott. He needs to know about what's REALLY good.
- I have moved 4 times in 2 years. I SOOOOO don't want to have to physically make this move. I'm so close to giving my furniture away that I don't know what to do with myself. Moving is NOT the business.
- Bed Stuy. That's all I'm saying.
- I have to continue packing now...ugh!!