Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I cried this morning when I found out that Levi Stubbs died yesterday. So many of my musical memories include The Four Tops' music. I have been working part time in retail and it's funny how just the other day I was thinking about Levi's voice and how powerful it was. "Bernadette" made me want to change my first name.
How in the world did we go from "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" to "Bust It Baby"? ANYONE????
Save the children and dust off your records.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Okay, I know Chris Brown is 13 1/2 years old. I get that. But I love him. I would adopt him in a second and take him sneaker shopping if I could. That being said, I am WAY excited about his new video, Superhuman. My friend Steve sent me the track over the summer and I have played it pretty much everyday since I go it.
And yes, I'm aware that it's just No Air part II. So what?
The video is good enough. It's not super impressive or anything. It's cute for what it is. I had a completely different treatment in my head, but since no one called to ask me about it I guess it's a moot point.
Anyway, I guess a more accurate statement would have been I'm WAY excited that there is a video for Superhuman. That way more people can fall in love with the song as I have.
There was the before he was famous picture....
And this picture was on every other site
But an actual picture of him on a skateboard was not easy to come by.
However, since I love you. Here you go:
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
So I stole this from Nate my favorite friend that I've never met.
I should be working on stuff for work, getting ready for my day tomorrow. But for some reason I can't seem to get focused. So instead you get some random information about me.
4 Things I Did Today
1. I sat around all morning in my underwear. I didn't go to church. I didn't do much of anything. I just sat on the couch and...
2. watched The Butterfly Effect with Ashton Kutcher. Can I just say it's one of the dumbest movies I think I've most recently seen. Don't get me wrong, Ashton is a fine man. Demi did the thang. But I just can't get behind that movie. And I usually love a bad movie.
3. I had a conversation with a girl for 30 minutes on the phone and I'm not 100% positive who it was. Someone called me from the area code that my mom lives in. The call came as I was walking through security at the airport so I couldn't take it. Once I got to a place when I could sit down, I called the number back, thinking it was my mom's new number. Whoever it was was so happy to hear from me that I didn't have the heart to tell her that I hadn't checked my voicemail and didn't know who I was talking to. After a few minutes and some revealing details I think I figured out who I was talking to. But I STILL haven't check my voicemail so I'm still not 100% sure.
Is that bad?
4. I watched last Thursday's episode of The Office for the 3rd time. I am such a nerd, so the "Dumbledore Calrissian" comment almost killed me. (Just so you know it's a Harry Potter and a Star Wars reference.) Jim is HAHALARIOUS in the episode. If you haven't seen it, PLEASE go watch it immediately.
4 Things on My To Do List
1. Run a 10-12 minute mile. I'm working on it...at least I was until I started battling this incessant cold thingie.
2. Learn Spanish, French and German. While I'm aware that those are technically 3 things, it seemed rather lazy to list all of them individually.
3. Buy the Time and Chance album by Color Me Badd.
I used to have it but I can't find it anymore. Sleep on it if you want. But between Rosanna's Little Sister and Choose that cd is the business.
4. Find a 4th thing to put on my to-do list.
4 of My Guilty Pleasures
1. Really Crappy movies.
I will watch a really bad movie in a minute. Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Deep Blue Sea, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Mindhunters...I've seen them all multiple times. I will watch a bad movie in a heartbeat. But for some reason I can't tolerate a dumb movie. By that I mean, if a movie has a plot that makes some kind of sense but it's just acted poorly, I'm okay with that. But if the movie is bad and there are plot holes, I just can't get behind it.
I know that Nate said that but it's true for me also. I check it every hour on the hour...from my phone, from my laptop....And the thing about it is I don't ever have enough updates to necessitate how often I check it. Does that stop me...Of course not.
3. British Anything
I will watch, listen to, read anything that is remotely British. Sometimes it pays off (Guy Ritchie movies, Pride and Prejudice, Colin Firth) sometimes it doesn't (Little Britain USA..just not funny to me.)
4. Ugg Boots
I have a pair that I seriously have worn every day for about a week. They're not the standard Uggs, they have a shape to them. But did I need to wear them every day...no. But I love them and they're comfy so I'm wearing them. Plus, I had to go through a lot of trouble to get them. It would hurt their feelings if I just left them in the box all of the time.
4 Random Facts About Me
1. Airplanes are like sedatives to me
Without fail almost the minute that I sit down on a plane and get situated I'm asleep. I try to stay awake but it's no use. Before they get to the point about not smoking and how to work the seat belt, I am K'Oed. I once woke up on a flight and heard the teenager boys behind me asking each other, "How did she do that?"Apparently, I had fallen asleep so fast they thought I might have been drugged or something.
2. When I was little I used to think I was a princess
Not like all little girls think that they're princesses, but truly, my parents are royalty, I'm rich and have a castle somewhere princess. My middle name means beautiful princess in Swahili. But the piece de resistance is the birthmark on my leg. It's shaped like a crescent moon and I would look at it all of time and hope on top of hope that my real family would come for me and take me away to my castle with ponies and personal chefs and English servants.
3. Of all of the guys from Entourage Turtle is the one I like the most. Everybody is usually all about Vinnie, but not me. It's Turtle. I mean, after my boyfriend Jeremy Piven of course.
4. Sometimes I wish I stayed in LA.
I'm supposed to tag 4 people with this, but this took way longer than I thought and I would kind of feel bad asking someone else to do this. But if you feel so inclined you can put some random facts about yourself in the comments. It's not like we don't love finding out more about our readers.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Then Hill Harper showed up:
YES LORD YES!!!!! I love an educated brotha. I straight STAN for a fine educated brotha. I can look at Hill and tell he is not all that tall. And frankly, I couldn't care less. I would kick it with him so fast. I mean, he makes a sistah want to LEARN.
One word: TAG
And then here he came:
This is information I needed. I would have been watching this show all along. Eye candy that also appeals to my nerdy sensibilities..? How can I not love that?
I could cry, I needed this song so badly.
Now that I have been laid off, it was my intent to live this week as if I was living my dream career as if I was already doing it. Cramps have been kicking my butt along with some wrong planning. It's almost noon and I am STILL in the bed. I have so much to do and I think I just got overwhelmed thinking about it all. Well, I heard this song that I swore was the new Brandy (the new Brandy is a-ight. Glad she is back though) and now I am so excited to just go for it. Hope it encourages you too.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
So I'm wasting time on a Friday watching VH1's Top 100 Hip Hop songs of all time. There are some songs that I personally don't think should be on the list (Anything by 2 Live Crew for instance) but there are some that are really taking me back and making me realize why I used to love hip-hop and still hold a torch for it. I mean, I just saw a L'Trimm video and they're currently talking about Treat 'Em Right by Chubb Rock. They have been talking about everything from the socially conscious stuff to the fun stuff. I think today is going to be a good day.
I about lost my mind when Definition came on. You know how you almost forget about something and you see it again and it's literally like you stepped back in time... Or maybe it's just me.
And can we talk about how bummed I was that Black Star only did one album. Anyway, this song isn't for everyone. It may not move you the way it moves me. But I know some of y'all understand what I mean when I say, "1, 2, 3, It's kinda dangerous to be an MC."
Thursday, October 2, 2008
She said after they broke up she had to go to God to help her because she was so heartbroken. When did all of this occur????
I am warning you now this may not be all that suitable for your work place, your house if you've got children...this just may not be suitable period. It's not nekkidness or anything, but it's...ummm...some hotness.
Toya sent this to me by way of Nicole. (Nicole I don't know if I should thank you or shake you.) I wish there had been some sort of warning. This is RIDICULOUS. I had to watch it through my fingers to hear what she was talking about. I like the message she was trying to get across but that boy is all kinds of distracting. And if I see him in the street, I'm fighting him for, "I love this country."