As always, if we haven't written in a while it's safe to say that something is popping off. There has been a bit going on with me alone for a few weeks now and I hope to get to the bottom of this thing (just about there) and spill it all. Until then, I have a fun game.
I have found myself listening to the same songs over and over again on iTunes. I notice that this particular "episode" of my life has a soundtrack. So the question is, if your life had a soundtrack what five songs would be on it? Here are my 7 (I tried 5 but no way). Can't wait to hear yours!
1. Hide Me- Kirk Franklin: 60 plays in a week, this song. I am so serious. If I could take God, grab him by his waist and hide behind him like a kid scared of clowns at an amusement park, I would do it.
2. Gravity (live, Where the Light Is Version)- I agree with John. Sometimes fear is a friend who's misunderstood...and sometimes it's a big clown at an amusement park. Regardless, it feels heavy like gravity. It's amazing how you can have so much but be so crippled by fear that you can lie there and "dream of ways to throw it all away".
3. Sure Looks Good to Me- Alicia Keys: The future definitely, definitely looks good right now.
4. Fix U- Coldplay: Most of this sounds like a love letter from God to me. Even the I will TRY to fix you part. Cause He really can only try until we let Him.
5. Warning Sign-Coldplay: I said it before and I will say it again: First time shame on you, second time shame on me and third time I am a dumbass. However, you should not make someone pay for someone else's mistakes.
6. Lesson Learned- Alicia Keys.: No comment.
7. Ray of Light- Madonna: remember Ally Macbeal was told to get a theme song that made her happy? This one is mine. I feel kind of like I just got home and things are finally starting to make sense.