Toya's Random Musings
1. I'm baaaacckkk! And with internet! I finally have a wireless card so I should be blogging more often. Of course new service means another bill and GOOD LORD! Anyone else's stimulus check BEEN gone? Mine didn't last a week but oh well.
2. On David Cook: David Cook could've gone home last week for all I cared. I know, that is shocking coming from me but the professional appreciator in me (see High Fidelity) will always win over my love for rocker boys. He just got plain lazy in the Top 4 and that is NOT the thing to do. That was the round that Daughtry got eliminated in. Second thought, it may have been good for him to go home. What am I even talking about? I am pretty sure the show is rigged anyway.
3. On Chris Brown: Umm, yeah. He has manned up a bit, no? I finally saw the video to No Air and well, I can see him now. Maybe the tooth fairy finally did come for those baby teeth.
4. On my love life or No Sex in the City: 100% crush free. Okay, 99.99% crush free. I have met Tag 3.0 with Vista apparently (last year Tia named a certain someone Tag 2.0 XP). I swear they hibernate in the winter and then the first sign of Spring...BAMMM!!!! I think the saying goes "first time shame on you, second time shame on me, third time, I'm a dumb ass." Or something like that.
5. On being 33: WOW! This has been a rough year but in a good way. I am realizing that there are certain things that I didn't know about myself. I am also realizing that I truly don't know God. I love God, yes but I want to know Him. Like how I know Tia wouldn't do something I want to know that God wouldn't do something. Honestly, I don't think anyone gets worse press than God. So to love God with all of my heart, all of my soul and all of my mind has been my own campaign for 2008 and well, with that being the greatest commandment, it is now the campaign for the rest of my entire life. It's not easy when you let the desires that He put in your heart take priority over Him though and that is what I am learning.
6. On patience: I will say that in my quest to know God more I am realizing how incredibly patient He is with me because I blow it...a lot. However, I blow it with things that I have just learned. I think often I never gave myself a chance to grow because I thought that God was as disappointed in me as I was if I claimed to have learned a lesson one week and then screwed up the week later. He's not like that at all. Again, bad press.
7. On natural hair: Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is a miracle worker. Yes, indeedy.
8. On BGLU podcast, Myspace, etc.: I know, I know. We keep saying we are going to do it. Hopefully I can get it together by the Summer. Just know it's me who holds things up and not Tia. We've been doing this blog for what, 5 years and I just agreed to put my face on here...
Okay, maybe not yet. I almost did it just then. Not yet.
9. On being comfortable with yourself: Who cares? Seriously, that may actually be my motto for 2008. I realized that I am finally comfortable with who I am and all my quirkiness when I was playing Rock Band with a few friends. One of their roommates walked in the door with a bunch of sorority looking girls and here I am a 33 year old, curly afroed, black woman, singing
Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" at the top of my lungs. That was last week. Tonight, I am going to see Frankie Beverly and Maze along with Angela Winbush and Kem. I love that God made me this way!
10. On Nashville: LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. And then last weekend, I wanted to move to London. See what had happened was... I just all of the sudden I got tired of seeing the same people. But then not too long after I said that I made a couple of new friends. God is good. But seriously, I told Tia that day if neither one of us were married by the time I turned 35 next year, we are packing up and moving to London. Grant it, I have never been to London but still. I am pretty sure I wouldn't hate it.
11. On NKOTB's "Summertime"- Text to Tia:
New Kids on the Block had a lot of hits
But this sounds like '96
And they'll be lucky if their album goes pewter this Summer, this Summer...