Stuff and Things - Tia
- I'm in TX visiting my mom and my brother. If I lived here I would be fat. Like fork lift big. My mom always feels the need to cook for my brother and I when we're home. And not like cook a light snack. NO. I mean put your foot in it, fried something, baked something, 1000 calories per serving meals. I seriously have to watch it when I'm here. I went to the gym yesterday morning and climbed about 150 flights on the stairmaster and did 100 reps of everything. The only thing that kept me going when I almost passed out doing pull-ups (assisted pull ups. I'm not Linda Hamiliton. Remember her from, Terminator 2 when she's doing the reverse pull-ups? Badass...) was the fact that I kept thinking about all of the food that I'd had the day before.
She is currently frying chicken, making mac and cheese and she baked about a million pans of the most fattening rolls that I have ever seen. I am so glad that I had a smoothie for lunch. And though I'm going to miss my family, I'm kinda glad I'm leaving tomorrow. My trainer is going to kill me when I get home.
- I can't stand men who grow out their beards and then braid the hair. The only thing that irritates me more is when they put beads on the braids. Every time I see that I want to slap the taste out of the man's mouth. It is ridiculous.
- So I'm a little out of touch with the black church. The church that I go to now is somewhat mixed. But the pastor is white and the worship team is mixed. (The drummer wore an Autobots shirt to church last Monday. I'm in love.) But though it's a non-denominational church that could probably be labeled as charismatic, it's fairly tame. And it's the type of church that I have been attending for about the last 10 years. And before that I was attending a Baptist college so you know...
It's been a while since I've been to a black down home tambourine church. I went to church with my mom this morning and it was like a modern day scene from the church in The Color Purple
It was so surreal. And I won't even talk about the guy who sounded like A Pimp named Slickback. NOT Katt Williams but A Pimp Named Slickback (it's like A Tribe Called Quest, you say the whole thing.)
- I need Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis to come on with a box set of some sort. They have hits for no reason. Human by Human League just came on my Launchcast station and I'm so about it. This song is the jam. I love it. I remember the day Toya told me that they'd done Human. It wasn't like I didn't already think that they were geniuses, but that pretty much cemented it.
- I freakin' LOVE Spandau Ballet. I'm listening to Only When You Leave and I'm really missing the 80s.
- I need a boyfriend. Seriously. It's about to get really warm. (Not this sporadic stuff that we have right now.) And there is nothing like Atlanta in the summertime. Piedmont Park is one of my favorite places in the spring. And I need someone that I can sit in the swing with and hold hands with and lay on a blanket with. So I need a boyfriend. I mean, I already have the soundtrack for the early fun part of the relationship...
- ...Colbie Caillat has the best in love soundtrack right now. I just bought her album and it is so girlie and light and fun and makes me want to be in love. In the happy, giggly, bubbly first parts.
- Toya and I were talking and we are definitely all about having a BGLU contingent on the next Mayercraft. So save your pennies kiddies, we're shutting it down next year. Or at the very least we'll get a block of rooms.
- The more I think about it the more I realize that Natalie Cole is a hater for her Amy Winehouse comments. And can you believe Keith Richards, Mr. Dead Heroin Addict Walking, had something to say. REALLY DUDE?!?!?!?
- My Launchcast station is playing hits. I have invested about 4 years into this so it's no wonder. But I love that I can turn it on and aside from the commercials and the random song that's played because I rated the genre it's in at some point, it plays nothing but hits. It's a good time.
- If you like a sci-fi version of the Bourne Identity, go see Jumper.
- And does anyone know what's up with ambiguously gay Hayden Christensen? There's something that I just can't put my finger on with that kid. Maybe my view of him is skewed because he always seems so angst ridden and troubled. Like he has a big secret that he's just dying to tell. But something about him makes me think beard. He's cute though. So I hope not. Living in Atlanta, I've had a lifetime of cute gay boys. No mas.
- Why don't I own more Seal?
- Thank God the writer's strike is over. I can't wait to see new McSteamy.
- Say what you want, Celine Dion's Where Does My Heart Beat Now is that jam. Hate her, love her, whatever, that broad is talented. And I'm sad I never got to see her in Vegas. I'm going to have to get the DVD. But it's not the same. I heard she is almost flawless in concert. (insert sad face here)
- I love how Diva Victoria Beckham is. She has a book out. I must obtain it.
- I don't like how old I am. I think I'm going to start lying for a while.
- Toya told me a story and I thought I was going to die from laughing. I really did. I love that girl.
- Sting has a book out called Lyrics. From what I saw it has all of the lyrics he's done to date along with explanations for some of the songs. I must obtain it.
- So I got both of state and federal income tax refunds back last week. (Thanks again Turbotax) Can I just say that it was really hard paying off those cards. I looked at my bank account and realized that it hadn't been at that level in a while. (My own fault, but still...) But I knew that I wanted that I wanted to be done with that debt. So one would have thought that it would have been easy to point and click and pay the bills. NOPE. all I could think about were the pink Pumas I'd seen at Foot Locker the other day. And that dress at Macy's that would be great to wear for Easter and any and every wedding that I would have to go to and high tea at some fancy pants place that I have yet to find in Atlanta. Basically, all I could think about was all of the stuff that I could buy. But then I started thinking about how many points my credit score would go up when I paid off the cards and how if I would be ever closer to that elusive 850. (Oh and what's up with the Vantage Score going to 990? Seriously, who has a 990 credit score?) So I very grudgingly paid the bills. Stupid responsibility.
- I want to go to Egypt.
- I think that's all.