Thursday, May 1, 2003
And now what I am sure you have all been waiting for, Toya’s Boyfriend of the Week: Craig David.
GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING, I love me some Craig David! Now, I must admit. I didn’t at first. For some reason, he reminded me too much of Jon B and I can’t remember why. I had a bad Jon B concert experience that I have yet to recover from and I still want my money back, but I won’t go into that right now.
Craig David is British. I don’t think there is too much more to say than that actually. In fact, we could end this blog right now based on that, because that, right there? Oh, that’s fresh. But I won’t end it on that. In the name of professionalism (on this blog, yeah right), I will proceed and give you 5 nuggets about Craig David.
1) If you go near him, I will cut you.
JUST PLAYIN’! Oh me….
1) His latest CD, Slicker Than Your Average, features a duet (“Rise and Fall”) with fellow Englishman Sting.
2) He was a club DJ at 14 years old.
3) At 19, David was the youngest British male solo artist to have a number one single.
4) Elton John once said of Craig David, “If there’s a better singer than Craig David in Britain, then I’m Margaret Thatcher.” I’ll leave that one alone. Too easy.
5) On his debut CD, Born to Do It, he has a song called “Booty Man”… umm, well. He’s 20. He’ll grow out of that I’m sure. Pray for the brother.
So there you have it for this week. My boyfriend, Craig David; In the words of my beloved roommate Tia, he’s hot, he’s tall, and he’s British. Good times!