And now for the more superficial content of our website…Toya’s Boyfriend of the Week
Ever so often, my roommates and I will be watching television and I will yell out “oh, that is my boyfriend!” when one of my favorite hotties comes on the screen. I figured this should be a segment. Oh joy! This week is Mos Def. Mos Def has been my boyfriend for quite some time now. I knew of him from Black Star but fell in love when the Umi Says video came out. I think he is ridiculously adorable and delightfully intelligent. He is not only a dope emcee but also a great actor and an activist on the rise.
5 Things You Should Know About Mos Def:
1) He is the host of HBO's Def Jam Poetry
2) He is a member of Black Star along with Talib Kweli
3) He made his film debut in Bamboozled
4) His last film was Brown Sugar where he gave the thick sista some props, hallelujah
5) He also acted in the "Hip Hopera" Carmen starring Beyonce's Knowles...but I love him anyway.
So yes, this week's kudos go out to my boyfriend, Mos Def. Love ya, boo!